This area covers control and management of radio systems, including interactions between physical level parameters (bit-rate, modulation, power, etc.), link-level parameters (MAC protocol, scheduling, etc.) and the cellular data system as a whole. Analysis and complex simulation models are used to investigate algorithms for power management, interference cancellation, traffic control, etc. for various wireless systems including cellular, 3G and WLAN.
- Interference Avoidance/Suppression
- Scheduling and Hybrid ARQ in 3G Systems
- Dynamic Pricing for Radio Resource Management
- Reactive Cognitive Radio Algorithms for Spectrum Sharing
- Collaborative Physical Layer Multihop Forwarding in Wireless Networks