This area covers design fundamentals for radio frequency (RF) devices, sensor devices, radio propagation models and measurements, high-speed wireless modems, cognitive or software-defined radio hardware and MAC-layer baseband processing. Projects range from design and analysis of modulation and coding schemes to hardware prototyping of sensors and cognitive radios. Research results include RF and sensor devices, performance results for proposed modulation and coding methods, PHY and/or MAC hardware prototypes, and system-on-chip evaluations.
Current projects include:
- Agile RF devices for cognitive radio
- ZnO multimodal sensor devices
- Spectrum measurement in unlicensed bands
- Low power 802.11b radio for sensor applications
- Cogntive radio hardware platform
- MIMO/OFDM modems and system studies