The S in PCS stands form many things
Economics, technology trends, and changes in government regulation throughout
the world all point toward increasing diversity within each of these dimensions
and complex interactions among all of them.
The major goal of Personal Communications is to give people control over their
information. This will require
WINLAB is committed to helping its members and sponsors understand the
multidimensional world of PCS. The focus of WINLAB research is on new
technologies for Personal Communications in 2010. In addition WINLAB provides a
continuing forum for interdisciplinary education, discussion and debate of the issues that will guide the future.
- coordination of an ever-growing menu of information (Services)
- accessible in all places by means of a diverse set of networks (Systems)
- available to a culturally/economically/geographically diverse population (Subscribers)
- who own a wide variety of wired and tetherless communications gadgets (Sets)
- that can be interconnected through a plethora of (wireless and tethered) media (Spectrum) and
- operate with a large number of protocols (Standards).
Back to WINLAB home page
If you have questions, comments or other suggestions please contact us here or email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org